HOW SCIENCE IS HELPING TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE IN (ELITE) CYCLING
On Thursday the 28th of April, at the eve of the Giro d’Italia’s kick off, the TU Delft Sports Engineering Institute will organise a symposium on the research being done in the field of cycling. Anyone interested is welcome to join an afternoon packed with interesting demos and presentations. The aim is to bring together scientific researchers and the industry. The event is not only relevant for those in the field of cycling, since research from one field can oftentimes help in progressing that of another.
What to expect:
- The newest insights into the development of cycling research;
- The added value of interdisciplinary collaboration between faculties and the collaboration with companies;
- Meeting with the sports scientists of Delft University of Technology;
- Discoveingr the opportunities for education and student projects;
- Meeting with representatives of the cycling industry;
- Exploring opportunities for future collaboration.
Attendees will be exposed to a range of different topics, such as TU Delft research together with Team Giant Alpecin and with DSM, as well as a presentation by TU Delft’s Dr. Arend Schwab about ‘The art and science of cycling’. Next to this series of presentations, there will be a “demo square”, where you can explore some projects in a more dynamic setting.
Date: Thursday 28 April
Time: Plenary programme 13:30-18:30 (incl. Drinks) + optional Lab visits 12:00-14:00
Location: TU Delft, Mekelweg 8-10, Delft
The seminar is public and free of charge.
Be assured of participation, register now via this link.